Después del post sobre El Caminito del Rey en Málaga (ver post El Caminito del Rey (después de la restauración)), hoy os traigo un vídeo sobre un ruta que es conocida como Most Dangerous Hike in the World, es decir la más peligrosa del mundo, o simplemente Plankroad, ubicada en el Mount Huashan de China.
Deadliest Hike in the World: Mount Huashan, China
Hey guys we did the infamous Skywalk at Mt Hua, otherwise known as the "Most Dangerous Hike in the World". Now since we just did this, we'd like to share with you the most valuable information to know before you go.
1. This particular hike is officially called the "Plankroad in the Sky" - remember this when you look for signage on the mountain.
2. You do not have to hike the 6 hours up the mountain to get to the Plankroad - there are actually two cable cars that can take you up in less than 30 minutes. The easiest route is to take the NEW - west cable car - and then hike the 30-40 minutes from the West Peak to the South Peak where the Plankroad is located. Then follow "Plankroad in the Sky" signage and you will arrive at the site in no time.
3. The Plankroad itself only takes 30 minutes or so to complete. It consists of a staircase down which is metal rods in rock (with large gaps at times), becomes stone cut outs on the cliffside, then comes the actual plank and lastly more stone cut outs leading to the small temple. When you are done you must turn around and go back exactly the way you came.
4. Know that the Plankroad is a TWO WAY trail and you willl be required to pass on the outside of others at times. If you are truly afraid of heights you may want to mentally prepare for this fact.
5. You do not need to bring or purchase a harness. You will rent one upon arrival at the Plankroad and it currently costs $5 USD.
6. Gloves are not really necessary for the Plankroad itself and in certain seasons you may actually feel uncomfortable with the heat.